COMPUTER MAINTENANCE AND NETWORKING
POST SECONDARY APPLICATION
For enrollment questions contact:
This program has been developed to address the overwhelming need for computer support personnel in business and industry.
This course offers students the opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in computer networking, applications and support using the Net + curriculum. Students work with peers and mentors from industry to design, build and maintain local and wide area networks. They also provide computer training and support for staff and students. Students will have the opportunity to troubleshoot and repair computer software and hardware problems, and staff computer support. Industrial internship employment is possible. Students may be asked to travel off campus to other schools to perform computer support services during and after regular class hours.
If attended full time, the Computer Maintenance and Networking program takes one academic year to complete, two years if attended half time (morning or afternoon).
A basic computer applications class or demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and the ability to read and follow detailed technical instructions. Typing is strongly recommended.
Computer Maintenance and Networking is 2-year program offering up to four credits per year for junior and seniors.
Things to consider when selecting this course:
- Do I have basic computer knowledge?
- Do I have the ability to read and follow detailed technical instructions?
- Do I know how to type?
- Do I have strong communications skills?
- Do I have the ability to work in a team?
Things I will learn if I select this course:
- Design, Installation, administering and maintaining Wide and Local Area Networks
- Maintain, install and troubleshoot personal computers and printers
- Computer Applications and applications support
- Install and maintain network wiring.
- Train Computer users
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Computer Support Specialist - $55,510
- Network & Computer Systems - $84,810
- Computer Programmers - $89,190
*Data taken from the national Bureau of Labor Statistics - 2020
The US department of Labor, www.bls.gov, reports 5 of the 20 fastest growing occupations are computer related. MERIC (Missouri Economic Research & Information Center), www.missourieconomy.org, predicts of the ten fastest growing occupations half are IT related. For more information see:
Students who successfully complete the Computer Maintenance and Repair program with a B average at Lex La-Ray may apply for articulated credit at State Fair Community College.
Textbooks & Course Materials
Textbooks will be provided for use in the classroom at no charge to the student.
2323 High School Drive, Lexington, MO 64067
Amanda Finkeldei, Director · Phone 660-259-2264 · Fax 660-259-6262