John Harden - Instructor
I-CAR Platinum Refinish & Non-Structual
I-CAR Industry Hosd Instructor
The Collision Repair Program prepares students for key skills for entry level employment upon graduation, or the ability to continue their continuing education at Lex-La-Ray Technical Center or other institutions.
The shop at Lex-La-Ray has ben continually updated with equipment to help train the students with current collision repair methods and processes.
Students gain their skills and knowledge through I-CAR online curriculum and are supported with practical hands-on skills with live shop work/projects and industry training methods.
Students have the ability to earn several industy certifications:
I-CAR Refinsh and Non-Structual Repair Pro-Level 1
I-CAR Steel GMA Mig Welding
SP/2 Safety, Collison Related and Workplace Skills
Axalta, 3M, and Polyvance Training
Collision Repair Technology is a 2-year program offering up to four high school credits per year for juniors and seniors.
Things to consider when selecting this course:
- Do I have the ability to get along with others?
- Do I pay close attention to detail?
- Am I dependable and flexible?
- Do I enjoy working on cars?
Things you will learn if you select this course:
- ICAR Steel Welding/Mig Brazing
- Panel Repairs - Metal & Plastic
- Paint and Refinishing
- Exterior and Interior Trim
- Mechanical Services
- Non-Structual Repair
- Plastic Repair
- Adhesive bonding plastic and metal.
- Collision Damage Estimating
- Automotive Body and Glass Repairer - $44,190
- Painting and Coating Workers - $38,740
- Claims Adjusters, Appraisers, Examiners, and Investigators - $68,130
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers - $72,000
*Data taken from the National Bureau of Labor Statistics 2020
Students who maintain high attendance and a "C" (2.0 GPA) or higher average, may apply for advances placement at Ranken Technical College.
Students who complete the Collision Repair Technology program also qualify for I-CAR Welding Certification in steel and aluminum at a reduced industry fee.