Susan Johnson, Instructor
Highlights: State of the Art Kitchen; industrial kitchen supplies and appliances; full service meal prep area for catering and serving; Cutlery.
POST SECONDARY APPLICATION
For enrollment questions contact:
The focus of study in culinary arts is food service terminology, equipment identification and use, knife skills, and basic food preparation. This class is designed to prepare students to create restaurant quality meals. Successful completion of this course will prepare students for entry-level positions in full-service restaurants or hotels and continued education in a culinary program at the Post Secondary level.
If attended full time, the Culinary Arts program takes one academic year to complete, two years if attended half time (morning or afternoon).
- Brand new state-of-the-art kitchen
- Industrial kitchen supplies and appliances
- Full service meal prep area for catering and serving
In this program you will learn:
- Demonstration of knowledge of hospitality industry
- Practice appropriate sanitation & safety procedures
- Demonstrate proper table settings & service techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge of good nutritional standards
- Read & follow multi-step recipe
Employment Opportunities and Salaries:
- Chef - $53,380
- Food Service Manager - $56,590
- Restaurant Manager - $68, 860
*Data taken from the National Occupational Handbook-2020
Textbooks & Course Materials
Textbooks will be provided for use in the classroom at no charge to the student.